Sunday, August 31, 2014

Colorblocked Maxi Dress DIY

So I'm still stuck on maxi dresses because they are so comfortable and work is business-casual (with a slight emphasis on the casual since jeans and button-downs are very common).  I've been wearing them on an almost constant rotation with blazers, sweaters, and cardigans whilst feeling like I'm lounging around in pajamas.  Nothing beats cranking on Excel in pajamas - I'm only kind of kidding.  :)

Anyhoo, I've been churning them out like a madwoman and this week was no exception.  To break it up a little, I colorblocked and made the hem asymmetrical.


Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~1.5 - 2 hours

Materials: ~2 yards knit fabric A + 3/4 yd knit fabric B for the hem colorblocking

Pattern: Modified neck and hem from the Draped Maxi Dress Tutorial.  The hem looks asymmetrical when wearing, but you can see in the above that it actually is a straight hem.  I cut more flow starting under the bust so that it would drape longer on each side for a little visual interest.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. this is a perfect cut and length!! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your DIYs. I like the colors on this piece. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...